Protecting Your Investment
Action Target converts your spent brass and lead into cash or credits. Use credits to purchase store products, range equipment or range services and receive an extra 10% bonus! With just a quick phone call on your part, we provide customized collection packaging, fast pickup times and quality service. Our recycling and disposal processes fully comply with EPA and OSHA regulations. Metals are a commodity, so pricing fluctuates. Our pricing is transparent and based on the London Metals Exchange spot pricing.
Rubber Berm Trap Cleaning
Action Target uses a simple, transparent, all-inclusive pricing structure based on the size of your trap to give you the best return on your metals. 100% of the metals value belongs to you. Opt for a check or credit at our store with a 10% loyalty discount. Store credit can be applied to Action Target products, services and range equipment. We have developed a proprietary process to clean your rubber berm trap with the safety and profitability of your range in mind giving you the best in industry lead recovery, minimized range down time providing a clean and efficient way to clean your rubber berm trap.
Maintenance & Cleaning Programs
Our job is not finished just because your range project is complete. Action Target offers a number of maintenance and cleaning plans to ensure your range stays running optimally. Customized to your specific range needs, these plans include parts, maintenance, range cleaning and staff training.
We are dedicated to getting it right. Whether it’s the products we sell, the orders we ship or the way we answer the phone. We want your experience with us to be nothing but positive! Action Target has 24/7 customer support with representatives nation-wide to provide industry-leading service all across the country.
Action Target Store
Action Target carries all the essential products to keep your retail area stocked and your range clean, safe and ready to operate. From range safety products and cleaning supplies to the largest selection available of paper, cardboard and steel targets. We have everything you need to make your range a success!
Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Our appointments often book out months in advance, so make sure to get an appointment in the calendar today.
- Test all valves and pistons. Adjust target speed. Replace valves and pistons as needed.
- Grease all actuator bushings. Replace as needed.
- Inspect and secure terminal screws and other electrical connections.
- Inspect and secure air connections. Replace as needed.
- Inspect and test functionality of indoor range target retrievers including keypads and computer.
- Verify all cable tensions and adjust as necessary.
- Cycle and adjust tension on running targets.
- Provide general inspection of all targets to diagnose any potential problems.
Compressor and air lines
- Check oil level and air filter. Replace as needed.
- Drain water condensation buildup.
- Check air dryer system functionality.
- Test entire system for leaks. Repair as needed.
- Verify correct pressure settings and adjust as necessary.
- Test voltage levels at the power supply and target locations.
- Test functionality of each interface component.
- Clean and secure all enclosures.
- Test computer, monitor, and printer.
- Update all software to the latest versions.
- Run all standard software programs and scenarios to certify completeness.
- Empty all lead collection canisters. Additional lead removal and disposal service is available.
- Mine lead from granule rubber trap. Additional lead removal and disposal service is available.
- Inspect all plates, joint strips, deflectors, and deceleration chambers. Replace as needed.
- Tighten or replace all loose joints and unions.
- NOTE – Replacement of bullet trap components may require additional work days billed above and beyond the pre-scheduled maintenance plan labor.
Dust Collection Unit
- Check general functionality of the Dust Collection Unit.
- Check and service DCU air compressor.
- Check Photohelic set points and adjust static pressure controls as necessary.
- Verify and test purge cycle functionality.
- Check Dust Collection Unit filters. Replace as needed.
- Drain condensation from manifold if required.
Screw Conveyor System
- Check general functionality of the Screw Conveyor System.
- Check hanger bearings for wear and damage. Replace as needed.
- Check discharge system and collection barrel.
- Check circuit breakers, thermal overloads, and verify start up procedures.
- Check gear boxes and hanger bearings for lubrication.
- Check plywood walls for hot spots and repair/replace as necessary.
- Where applicable, check crushed rock levels in the walls and replenish as necessary.
- Repair/patch/empty portable bullet traps as necessary.
- Check targetry systems. (if applicable)
- Check the electrical wiring, lights, and ventilation systems. (if applicable)
AAR Camera and Recording System
- Optimize and defragment the AAR computer.
- Check for hardware issues in the AAR computer.
- Check all DVR devices and camera playback for functionality.
- Check wiring of video, audio, target control, and electrical systems in the AAR facility.
- Check functionality of media recording for “take-home” review.
Range Cleaning Services:
- HEPA vacuum ventilation vents.
- HEPA vacuum shooting range floor and walls.
- HEPA vacuum ceiling and wall baffles.
- HEPA vacuum target retriever tracks.
- HEPA vacuum shooting stall soft surfaces.
- Maintain and clean your HEPA vacuum including filter changes as needed.
- Wet wipe shooting stall hard surfaces.
- Clean shooting stall glass.
- Remove, replace, and properly dispose of air filters.
Steel Bullet Traps
- Gather and dispose of bullet fragments, bullet jacket fragments, and other debris.
- HEPA vacuum exposed surfaces.
- HEPA vacuum the area behind the trap.
- Remove lead ingots and other accumulation. (May require additional days)
Rubber Bullet Traps
- Remove rubber from the trap.
- Separate and dispose of lead and bullet jackets.
- Place rubber back on the trap.
- Apply fire retardant.
Development of Procedures, best practices, and
Documentation for your range
- Safe lead handling and hygiene.
- OSHA / EPA rules and regulations.
- Decontamination and clean-up.
- Proper disposal of lead and lead contaminated materials.
- Required equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Employee blood lead level testing and monitoring.
- Safe lead handling.
- OSHA / EPA rules and regulations.
- Respirator fit testing and use.
- Personal protective equipment. (PPE)
Testing and Monitoring
- Airborne lead levels.
- Surface lead levels.
- Lead migration and impact patterns.
Service Support Request