Action Target Becomes ISO 9001: 2008 Certified More
We are selling our existing inventory at a discounted rate for our newsletter subscribers. Take a look at our all-time low prices for these products.
Orders must be placed through the Action Target Online Store to receive this discount. We have set aside a limited number of targets and backers for sale at the discounted rate, so order quickly. After the sale is over, we will be moving our inventory to LETargets.com, where all future purchases of the above items can be made.
For more information, see our recent Action Target Journal article about the sale. Order today!
Action Target is selling its existing inventory of all paper, cardboard, plastic and foam targets and backers at a discounted rate for newsletter subscribers, available through the online store. This offer will run the entire month of May. After the sale is over, we will be moving our inventory to Law Enforcement Targets.
Here are the items that are available:
|Type||Product Description||MSRP/ea||Liquidation Price/ea|
|Cardboard Targets||B21 E – White Perforated Silhouette (23”wide x 34” tall)||$0.80||$0.59|
|B27 E – Black (23”wide x 35” tall)||$0.75||$0.63|
|FBI-Q – Die Cut for Turning Target Systems (19”wide x 39” tall)||$0.65||$0.50|
|Transtar II – Blue Color Image; Die Cut for Turning Target Systems (24”wide x 39”tall)||$0.95||$0.70|
|Paper Targets||B21 E – Black (23”wide x 35” tall)||$0.35||$0.29|
|B21 E – Blue (23”wide x 35” tall)||$0.35||$0.29|
|B27 E – Black (23”wide x 35” tall)||$0.35||$0.29|
|Plastic Backers||Vertically Fluted Backer – White; (24” wide x 36” tall x 4mm thick)||$2.75||$2.00|
|Vertically Fluted Backer – White; (24” wide x 36” tall x 8mm thick)||$7.50||$4.75|
|Foam Backers||Foam Backer – Cut for Turning Target Systems; White (24” wide x 48” tall x 3” thick)||$40.00||$30.00|
These prices are ONLY available through the Action Target Online store . If orders are placed with Law Enforcement Targets, you will be charged full retail price. No coupon code required; discount automatically given upon checkout.
After Action Target sells the inventory set aside for the sale, they will move their inventory to Law Enforcement Targets. After May, you can continue to place all future paper and cardboard target/backer orders by visiting the Law Enforcement Target website or by calling the following individuals at (888) 489-7830:
- Federal & Military – Kara Hale
- International – Dan Swanson
- Western US – Kathy Dube
- Texas to Southeast US – Louanne Slattery
- Midwest to Northeast US – Jennifer Deelstra
Watch the archived webinar “Choosing the Optimal Bullet Trap: TCT” for free more
Commercial indoor firing range developments are a vital addition to any community. They not only provide a safe and accessible shooting location for private citizens, they also provide a firearms training facility for local law enforcement agencies. Action Target Range Consultant Robb Anderson recently completed the SharpShooters USA commercial shooting range project that demonstrated Action Target’s desire to provide shooters of all skills levels with an enjoyable and safe training facility.
The Sharpshooters range project began two years ago and, with the help of Tom Deets, Ken Burson and Action Target, became the most efficient, innovative and modern indoor shooting range in the Atlanta market.
Some of the features of the SharpShooters Range Project include:
- Three separate bays with eight lanes in each bay
- Bay #1 is a “Fixed Firing” range consisting of two 50 Cal lanes and six lanes designed for 223 and 308 rifle use
- Bay #2 is a “Fixed Firing” range consisting of eight lanes designed for 223 and 308 rifle use
- Both Bay #1 and Bay #2 are installed for ADA handicapped shooters
- Bay #3 has a hybrid range design for public and Tactical Training for local law enforcement community
- All three bays include the Mancom Instructor Stalls and are equipped with Mancom “Touch-n-Go” Target Retrievers
- All rear and side walls are covered with PEPP acoustical tiles by Acoustical Services.
All three bays include the Mancom Instructor Stalls and are equipped with Mancom “Touch-n-Go” Target Retrievers.
The SharpShooters Range has quickly become a popular favorite among Atlanta’s shooters and law enforcement. Recently, 20 agencies participated in a two day seminar – Modern Firearms Training – that allowed attendees the opportunity to give back to the communities that supported this range.
In a testimonial, a member of SharpShooters USA wrote:
“Since the doors were opened to the public, your staff has made it their policy to ensure everyone feels welcome. It is obvious they intend to make the experience comfortable and enjoyable to all comers. Yesterday I had the privilege to witness a situation that took that attitude to a unique level.
In the lane next to mine were a father and son. The son appeared to be in his early teens. It was obvious they were a bit new at this and enjoying a genuine “father-son” afternoon together. Each took turns with a pistol and one could sense they found the experience both new and exhilarating. I noticed a short lull in their shooting and soon realized it was because they were changing weapons. They had an AR.
Moving away from my lane to dispose of a spent target, I saw Range Safety Officer Shaun Kennedy stepping forward to ensure all was about to go well. As I approached the trash can, the father and I exchanged a nod and I asked if that was his rifle. “No, it is a rental. We are visiting from Canada and don’t have access to anything like it there. This may be the only chance my son will ever have to shoot one.” As the dad and I stood back closer to the wall, Shaun continued a brief explanation to the son of the mechanics and safety issues of the weapon. From the gentle manner with which he talked to the young man you could see his intent was to ensure the son was comfortable, safe, and confident enough to enjoy what he was about to experience. The youngster thoroughly enjoyed what followed while a very proud father watched. The look passed between them after the last round was fired was priceless. They asked if they could have a spent casing. Shaun retrieved one with a broom.
For all the right reasons, nothing happened that you should be aware of. Nothing went wrong. An alert Safety Officer made certain of that.
For all the right reasons, something happened that you should be aware of. An alert Safety Officer made certain two novice shooters, a father and son, went home with a newfound sense of shared pride from what they accomplished and an afternoon of great memories.
Kudos to your staff.”
Congratulations to all the SharpShooters USA Staff and Robb Anderson for a job well done!!!
Other Recently Completed Projects:
- Belmont Firearms & Range, NH (Matt Brinkerhoff)
- Federal Reserve Bank, Memphis, TN (Jason Snell)
- Duke Nuclear Energy Plant, NC (Mike Stillwell)
- Houston Police Department, TX (Aaron Ludwig)
- Ankeny Police Department, IA (Chris Hart)
If you are interested in our products and are in the south-eastern states, contact your Regional Representative Robb Anderson. For all other areas, please visit our Contacts Page to find the territory manager for your area.
801-377-8033 ext. 124
Choosing a bullet trap is one of the most important aspects of designing and building a shooting range – an area you simply cannot afford to cut corners in. Unfortunately, it can quickly become overwhelming to determine the best, safest, most reliable, and most economical solution to fill your range’s needs. Luckily, Action Target is hosting a free 30-minute webinar entitled “Choosing the Optimal Bullet Trap: The Total Containment Trap” to help you understand what to consider when making a decision and why the Total Containment Trap is the most advanced, most effective, and safest bullet collection and disposal system available.
About the Webinar
During the course of the presentation, Addison Sovine, co-founder of Action Target, Inc. will:
- Give critical information and tips for those considering a new bullet trap
- Answer common concerns regarding bullet traps
- Outline what to consider when building a new bullet trap or modifying their existing trap
- Present an overview of the Action Target Total Containment Trap
- Explain why Action Target is an invaluable partner in shooting range planning and construction
Event and Registration Details
When: Thursday, May 12, 2011
Time: 11:00-11:30 A.M. (MST)
Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/464282150
Whether you are actively looking for a new bullet trap solution, or simply curious about what goes into making the bullet trap construction process a success, you can’t afford to miss this informative and entertaining webinar. →Register Now
Eric Clapsaddle of the Orlando Police Department recently made the journey with his wife to Action Target’s corporate offices located in Provo, Utah. During his visit, Clapsaddle attended an award ceremony where he received the first 2011 Action Target National Rangemaster of the Quarter Award for Quarter-1, 2011.
This event was one that Provo City Mayor John Curtis was not going to miss. As a public official, Mayor Curtis has a vested interest in the safety of his constituents. Following the announcement of this award ceremony, he cleared his busy schedule to attend and present the award to Clapsaddle.
There was standing room only in our Action Target main hall as Mr. Clapsaddle received his award. Other distinguished guest that attended this event included Action Target’s President, Tom Wright and the Co-Founder / Executive Vice President, Addison Sovine.
From Left to Right: Mrs. Clapsaddle, Eric Clapsaddle, Addison Sovine,
Mayor John Curtis, Tom Wright
This award ceremony marks the first of four that Action Target will present this year as part of their recognition program. At Action Target, we are deeply involved with many Rangemasters and want to your feedback about which types of individuals should be considered for these awards in the future. Nominations from peers and a deep knowledge of the individuals being considered play a significant role in our selection process.
Prior to launching this year’s award, we spoke with many industry professionals to help establish some aspects a nominee must have to qualify for this award. Listed below are a few aspects that will be considered during the nominating process.
Each nominee should have several of the following:
- Lifetime of Service / Years of Service
- Contributions to their department’s firearms training
- Contributions to their region, state and industry in firearms training
- Changes to POST requirements
- New / innovative training standards
- New / innovative tactics
- Expert witness testimony
- Subject Matter Expert for firearms and/or training
- Active resource for feedback on training, tactics, equipment and standards
- Partner to develop / modify equipment to enhance training effectiveness
As stated, these are only some of the characteristics we consider prior to deciding upon a recipient. This recognition program includes our clients, all Commercial Ranges and US Military and law enforcement organizations in the US. Those selected for the award will receive recognition in our weekly newsletter, on our website, in our main office and will receive a personalized award.
If you would like to nominate a peer, please write a letter using your organizations letterhead and send the letter via email to ATNewsletter@actiontarget.com detailing why we should consider the person you are nominating, or visit our Programs page for more information and to fill out a nomination form online. Upon receipt, our marketing department will do their due diligence regarding each nomination before making a decision.
We want everyone to help spread the word that at Action Target, we fully support firearms training programs and the individuals who have had a profound impact within this industry.
This customized award is only a small token of gratitude, recognition and appreciation we have for Eric’s contributions to law enforcement firearms training.
Congratulations Eric Clapsaddle for being selected as the first 2011 Action Target National Rangemaster of the Quarter.
Action Target would like to announce the newly updated Livonia Police Department Outdoor Rifle Range in Livonia, Michigan. The Livonia PD oversaw the removal of their existing bullet trap, heavy excavation and modification of existing dirt beams, concrete work and installation of Action Target’s Total Containment Bullet Trap.
We wish to thank the Livonia PD Procurement and Livonia PD Project Managers Ben McDermott and John Kalil, Tony Angelo Cement Construction Company, Action Target Great Lakes Territory Manager Jason Snell, Action Target Project Manager Kris Ardohain and many others for their hard work and a job well done!
Some of the equipment Action Target provided and installed included our 32′ AR500 Steel Total Containment Trap.
Shown here is the back of the Total Containment Bullet Trap, using the Canister System.
Congratulations to Livonia PD and all those involved!
Other Recently Completed Projects
- Polk CSO – Robb Anderson
- Watertown Police Department, MA – Matt Brinkerhoff
- Dearborn Police Department, MI – Jason Snell
- Linden Police Department, NJ – Mike Stillwell
- St. Charles Sheriff’s Department, LA – Aaron Ludwig
- Elk Grove Village Police Department, IL – Chris Hart
If are interested in our products and are in the Great Lakes area, contact your Regional Representative Jason Snell. For all other areas, please visit our Contact Page to find the territory manager for your area.
801-377-8033 ext. 158
Recently, Action Target acquired Law Enforcement Targets, the largest paper target distributor to law enforcement departments in the United States. We are thrilled to add their comprehensive collection of images to our inventory and encourage our loyal subscribers and customers to contact Law Enforcement Targets for all your paper target needs.
Since all future paper target orders will be processed by Law Enforcement Targets, we have a significant amount of our ‘Combat Paper’ product line available at a discount price.
Normal retail price for these targets is around $0.32/each; however, we have divided up our remaining ‘Combat Line’ products into packs of 200. Most packs include an average of ten targets for each type of target included in this line; however we cannot guarantee an exact number per target type included in the pack.
To see all of the paper Combat Targets, click here.
Each pack of 200 costs $50, with shipping included (note: for free shipping to be applied to your order, there cannot be any other items in your shopping cart besides the Combat Paper Targets). Certain states require a tax; if applicable, the tax will be added to the overall cost. We have a limited quantity of the Combat Paper packs left and once they are all sold, we will discontinue printing the Combat Paper line targets. All sales are FINAL.
Again, the number of packs is limited so check out our Combat Paper line for the last time and place your order today. To redeem this special offer, enter the code COMBAT2011 after purchasing your order at our online store, www.shopactiontarget.com .
Action Target’s International Department recently returned from a very successful trip to Nuremberg, Germany for the annual IWA show. Similar to the Shot Show held annually in the USA, IWA has been one of the world’s leading exhibitions for the hunting, shooting, sporting and outdoor industry for over 30 years.
IWA is the abbreviation for Internationale Waffen Ausstellung or International Weapons Exhibition. For 2011, over 1,100 exhibitors were revealing their newest products and services to the world. IWA traditionally attracts more than 30,000 visitors from over 100 different countries. Due to the interest IWA draws from the international community, it was a great place for members of the Action Target International team to showcase some of the newest products. A few items generating the most interest were the FlexTact reconfigurable shoothouse system by Hufcor, the Self-Healing reactive targets from Reactive Target System (RTS) and the economical hit counting mobile wireless shooting range system also from RTS (shown left).
For many years, Action Target has been increasing its position of dominance in the international community. The entire complement of Action Target products have been sold throughout the world. Those most prevalent are the MATCH (Modular Armored Tactical Combat House) shoothouses that have been incorporated into multi-story, cross-functional and fully automated structures. When these have been placed in close proximity of each other for CQB (Close Quarter Battle) and MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) training purposes, they are exalted to what we term a ‘MATCH Village’. These structures have been built and utilized for years by foreign customers, their military, secret police, special forces and other groups requiring the best training equipment.
Overall, IWA was a huge success for Action Target with thousands of past, current and future customers stopping by to say hello and investigate new products. To read the IWA News Daily (PDF) about the event, click here.
At Action Target, we know the recent economy affects everyone in different ways. That is why we are finding new and creative ways to help agencies take their used items, like old guns & ammo, and turn them into credit toward purchases in the future. Take for example our recent partnership with Southern Belle Brass. When a department collects their spent brass casings, they contact us and we arrange to have those items picked up and sent to Southern Belle Brass. They then weigh the items and send Action Target a check and the amount is credited to that department’s account allowing them to purchase Portable Steel Targets, Clearing Traps , Portable Runner systems or any other item they may need.
We have now created a new way agencies can reinvest in their firearms programs lessening the money lost to their city, county or department’s general fund.
Does this look familiar? Most departments and agencies have guns that are no longer in service simply lying around, which is why we have developed a trade-in option that makes those items work for you. We accept any amount of old duty firearms, confiscated guns, class 3 weapons, and ammunition. Turn your old guns & ammo into cash.
These trucks contain over 16,000 guns collected from the Los Angeles area in a single year. Our new trade-in option allows the Los Angeles department to turn these guns to be turned into new targets and equipment for their training program!
Here is how it works:
- sold for cash or trade in value
- stripped for parts value & destroyed
- on-site stripping (250 gun minimum)
- distributor strip & destroy service available
- sold for trade value
- stripped for parts value & destroyed
- on-site stripping (750 gun minimum)
- distributor strip & destroy service available
Class 3 Weapons
- Transferable: Collector sales
- Non-Transferable: Parts value & destruction
- Case lots: all calibers accepted
- Sold for value or traded for another caliber
- Confiscated: options available
- This program is ATF-NFA approved with bids provided by Policetrades.com
- We accept any quantity of firearms from 1-10,000
- We offer a parts stripping & destruction program to provide value for agencies unable to trade duty, confiscated and/or surrendered guns
- Use this credit towards any of your range projects or equipment with Action Target or Law Enforcement Targets. No expiration.
With today’s budgets, let us help you enhance your training with our new products. Simply look around your department or agency, find the guns, ammunition or firearms that you are not using and send them to us for credit today towards future purchases!
For more information on this program, other types of equipment not listed that may qualify or our full line of shooting range equipment, please contact Chad Burdette at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 705-9113, or visit our Programs page. To download a PDF describing this program in more detail click here.
Action Target at Internationale Waffen Ausstellung (IWA) in Germany more
Action Target is excited to announce the completion of the Shooters Edge Commercial Shooting Range and Retail Store located in Piney Flats, TN. This facility offers 5 Star accommodations and a clean and well designed atmosphere with extraordinary customer service.
Having the help and dedication of Joseph Bush, Don Reimer, Action Target Great Lakes Territory Manager Jason Snell, Project Manager Bryan Dahlberg, Bill Provencher from Carey’s Heating and Air Conditioning and many others, allowed us to create a range that is innovative, effective and accommodating to all types of shooters.
Equipment provided and installed by Action Target in this Action Target shooting range includes the following:
- Tactical Baffle Layout: Provides for realistic training, including movement and shooting from any given point on the range with full errant round containment.
- 360 Degree Turning Target Retrievers: These retrievers for shooting range targets are perfect for decision making drills, qualifications, and tactical training. Also, includes Master Control for RSO.
- Track Runner: A running target that moves back and forth the width of the range.
- Shooting Stalls: Installed stalls came with lighting, keypads, barricades, and signal lights.
- Photo Eye Beam Security: Ensures all civilian shooters remain behind the firing line.
Congratulations Shooters Edge for a beautiful facility and phenomenal shooting range!
Other Recently Completed Projects
- Martin CSO – Robb Anderson
- PA State Police Academy – Matt Brinkerhoff
- Shelby County Sheriff’s Department – Jason Snell
- Fairfax County Law Enforcement Academy, VA – Mike Stillwell
- Odessa Police Department, TX – Aaron Ludwig
- Appleton Police Department, WI – Chris Hart
If you are interested in our products and are in the Great Lakes area, contact your Regional Representative Jason Snell. For all other areas, please visit our Contacts Page to find the territory manager for your area.
801-377-8033 ext. 158
The Sport Rack is a new training option that provides a ‘shooting gallery’ type of design and application. The Sport Rack is another bolt-on head option to the AT Static and Evil Roy stands and can be applied to various organizations and levels of training. Similar in design to the Plate Rack , these plates do not need to be reset once struck.
Here are some things you need to know about the Sport Rack:
- Bolt-on option
- Mounts onto Static and Evil Roy stands
- No welds on moving plates – welds on front protective plate
- Auto-reset & reactive
- Does not affect the safety of the shooter at appropriate distances
- Four (4) 4” round plates in 3/8” AR550
- Total weight of option is 20 lbs. (4 plates, mounting bracket, bolt kit)
How do I order?
Since the Sport Rack is currently a prototype, they are not for sale yet; however, we are putting names on our wait list for when they become available:
We are always creating new innovative products and we want your feedback and ideas. If you have a design or concept that would assist your training needs that is not available on the market, let us know. Email Chad Burdette at email@example.com with your product ideas.
Watch the archived webinar “Scenario-Based SIMS Training with FlexTact” for free more
As a leader of innovative solutions for firearms training, we recently announced the addition of two new items to our product line, the Pelvic Torso and Sport Rack, at the 2011 Shot Show in Las Vegas, NV. In this week’s newsletter, we will highlight the Pelvic Torso and how to utilize it to enhance your training.
Until recently, there were only paper targets replicating the pelvic area of the body, but with the Pelvic Torso, you now have the first and only steel target option in the world that simulates this area. The steel provides instant feedback to multiple senses as you hear the bullet strike and see the steal plate swing upon impact.
The idea to design the Pelvic Torso came from inquiries from law enforcement and the military for a training element that gave them a tactical solution when engaging with a specific type of threat. As they engaged with threats wearing body armor and no clear head shot, the pelvic girdle became the optimal target area. When an individual is struck in the pelvic girdle, the bullet strikes the ball-and-socket area, which not only causes immense pain but immobilizes the threat completely. If you are participating in disabling drills, the Pelvic Torso is the best training option in the market.
The Pelvic Torso is designed to have two 4” round reactive and auto-resetting head plates added to a non-reduced torso-type head plate. These “bolt-on” options are able to attach to your existing Static Target Stand or Evil Roy Practice Stand . We recommend using the torso head plates to protect the reactive components and keep all bolts/brackets out of the shooting zone, although it can be used with the Hostage and Full Size IPSC Torso Head Plates . This allows the splatter to continue to be directed down from the head plate and will not be redirected toward the shooter.
Since the Pelvic Torso is still in prototype mode, it is not yet available for sale. However, if you are interested in purchasing one of these in the future, please let us know:
For more information, download the Pelvic Torso Cut Sheet here (PDF). Stay tuned to for next week’s newsletter focusing on our new Sport Rack.
Action Target Reveals Five New Products at Shot Show 2011 in Las Vegas, NV more
Buy the AT Rimfire Sport Dueling Tree for only $99!
Enter the code SPORTER99 when placing your order in the online store for the discount. Only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 31, 2011.
Action Target was recently represented at Shot Show 2011 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV from Jan 18-21. The overall scope and size of our booth represented the overall growth success of our company for the last 25 years. The amount of traffic generated this year was astounding. We hardly had a minute to catch our breath and we are grateful for it.
Many of the attendees were drawn in by the impressive design of our booth. It stood 20 feet tall and 60 feet wide, contained two meeting rooms, impressive graphics with accurate reductions of a Modular Armored Tactical Combat House (MATCH) and Total Containment Trap (TCT).
Here is a photo shot of our both taken about an hour before the show opened on the last day:
- Reactive Target System (RTS) – These self-healing targets are best fit for close quarter live fire engagements. We wanted to create a viable solution to meet the significant demand we have received from organizations and agencies all around the world. Some of the benefits of the RTS are the ability for the target to fall when struck, count the hits a target takes in a cost effective manner and you will not need to manually count the holes anymore during qualifications. Major benefits of the RTS include the ability of the target to fall when struck and the ability to count the number of hits to a target in a cost effective manner rather than manually counting the holes after qualification rounds. We devoted an entire article to this innovative product line last week.
- Real Terrain Range (RTR) – Chuck Habermehl helped to develop the concept of the Real Terrain Range to bring a complete realism to training scenarios. At Action Target, we scoured the globe looking any current option narrowing our focus to a company that has been designing Hollywood movie sets for years. Their unique approach and materials allow pullets to pass through a simulate such as a rock, tree or wall causing no ricochet, splatter, inhalation or visibility hazard if any negligent discharge occurs. The RTR design allows Action Target to recreate any training environment you need.
- FlexTact by Hufcor – FlexTact is the quickest and easiest reconfigurable shoothouse on the market today. As the exclusive worldwide distributor of FlexTact, Action Target was fortunate to have this small example of the system in the booth along with Hufcor’s training staff. The FlexTact increases the quality of your training and throughput and can benefit law enforcement, military and fire departments. The panels are suspended by an overhead railing system which allows you to recreate any building layout in minutes. There are panels are designed with doors, windows and graphics to truly enhance the realism. This is a great compliment to Action Target’s MATCH.
- Pelvic Torso – The Pelvic Girdle was one of two new steel target prototypes brought to the show. It received a great response, and gave us the opportunity gather feedback that we will put to good use as we continue working on this target as a training solution. This prototype can be added onto an existing Action Target Hostage , IPSC Torso or Full-Size IPSC Torso target. It easily bolts onto the stand, has no welds and replicates the pelvic girdle. There are two swinging plates that will react when hit. With many agencies training on disabling drills, the Pelvic Torso is the only steel target on the market that addresses this training need. Look out for an article on this product next week.
- Sport Rack – As a world leader, Action Target has been asked time and again for a portable plate rack. Our existing Plate Rack has the highest quality and design that organizations all around the world over have used with much success. It is however, difficult to carry for long distance shooting which is why we were excited to announce our new Sport Rack. It looks just like a miniature version of our larger model, but it does not have true plate rack properties. The Sport Rack has four inverted round target heads, with no welds, so that when struck they swing upward, similar to the target movement on our horizontal dueling trees . Once again, there was a great deal of interest in this prototype, and look out for a full article about it in two weeks.
If you are interested in the Sport Rack or Pelvic Girdle and would like to add your name on our waiting list to be notified when they are for sale, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or are interested in speaking to one of our Range Consultants, please Contact Us.
Buy the AT Hold Plus for only $99!
Enter the code HOLDUP99 when placing your order in the online store for the discount. Only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 31, 2011.
Buy the AT Evil Roy Practice Target for only $99!
Enter the code EVILROY99 when placing your order in the online store for the discount. This $99 specialty price only applies when buying a standard (non-heavy duty) Evil Roy Practice Target without the 1×2 holder for paper. When purchasing the target in heavy duty AR550 steel and/or with the paper holder, a standard $16 discount will be applied instead. Only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 31, 2011.
Buy the AT Hold Plus for only $85!
Enter the code HOLDHOLD when placing your order in the online store for the discount. Only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 24, 2011.
At the 2011 Shot Show in Las Vegas, NV, we announced that Action Target is now the worldwide exclusive dealer of Reactive Target Systems (RTS) products. The great advantage RTS has over other systems currently on the market is the ability to build upon a base system. Shown below are all color options of the Static Package that includes a Self-Healing Torso Target , pole and base .
These self-healing Torso Targets can take approximately 2,000 rounds or more, depending on the caliber and distance, before needing replacement. The targets are lightweight and can be left outside all year long making them a great addition for any shooter.
The Static Package becomes reactive when adding the RTS Smart Joint . This innovative joint allows the shooter to engage the target at any distance, falling when struck. For scenarios when a falling target isn’t ideal, a pin can be used to keep the target upright. Shown below is the Smart Joint mounted into the base:
If you want to make your training even more dynamic, add the hit-counting capability to your target. Using a specific algorithm, the RTS hit sensor reads each hit through a transmitter, sends the hit to a digital display , and informs you how many rounds struck the target. The hit-counting ability reads all calibers, including paintballs, Simunitions and Airsoft. As seen below, the digital numerator uses the same pole and stand as the target, allowing you to have your display stand out of the line of fire, yet remains visible.
As one of the most economical hit sensor/hit counting target systems available, available, this system can increase throughput for training and qualifications by 20-40%, allowing for more “trigger time.”
The RTS system has so many possibilities and applications for all segments of the shooting market, and we want to help you incorporate it into your training programs. RTS makes the difference, so contact a member of our team today!
Buy the AT Swinger for only $175!
Enter the code SWINGDEAL when placing your order at our online store for the discount. Only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 17, 2011.
We know that scenario training can be expensive and difficult to create. In most cases, staff members are required to travel to off-site facilities and spend an average of 4-8 hours reconfiguring a single scenario, shortening time spent actually training.
That is why we are proud to offer you a scenario training system that configures scenarios in less time increasing your training time – Hufcor’s FlexTact.
What’s even better is that Action Target is holding a free webinar entitled “Scenario-Based SIMS Training with FlexTact” to help you understand more about the product, how it saves you time, improves scenario training, and better prepares your organization for the myriad of threats and situations they will find themselves up against.
About Hufcor FlexTact
The Hufcor FlexTact is an innovative, affordable and moveable panel and track system that is designed for public safety training centers. It allows law enforcement and military trainers to quickly reconfigure layouts on its rugged tracks and trolleys to create different scenarios for various room-entry and clearing techniques. The system allows room changes to be completed in minutes. It effectively creates scenarios that presents the training needs of police, fire, rescue, SWAT teams, homeland security and military police. Currently, the FlexTact is being used by criminal justice colleges, regional training facilities, local law enforcement agencies and commercial range owners.
About the Webinar
During this 30 minute webinar, Scott Staedter, National Commercial Accounts Manger for Hufcor, Inc. will:
· Introduce the Hufcor FlexTact
· Discuss the benefits of the FlexTact system
· Explain how the FlexTact system is installed within existing facilities
· Present testimonials from current clients using the system
Update: This webinar has passed, so please visit our Online Trainings page to view the full, archived video of the webinar.
Enter the code ROCKS550 when placing your order in the online store for the discount. Ensure that you have added one AT Hold to your shopping cart to receive it in your order. Maximum one free AT Hold per order; only one code per order. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or specials. Offer expires March 10, 2011.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in February 2011. As of March 2013, Action Target no longer distributes or sells Kongsbert Mikroelektronikk electronic scoring targets.
At Action Target Inc., we are proud to be the US distributor of Kongsberg Mikroelektronikk electronic scoring targets. These targets are specifically designed to meet police and military marksmen, long-distance competitive shooters and club requirements. Through the use of acoustic technology, the targets accurately calculate every shot’s point of impact. We have targets for big and small bore applications with additional target sizes for various distances being shot.
Target sizes range from 280mm to 1500mm (approx. 11” to 60”) with three to four target sensors in each target. There are target options for all calibers including air rifles, big bore rifles and both static and lateral moving targets.
Each target connects to a monitor that displays the hit locations to the shooter. Easy push-button controls allow the shooter to cycle through hits and options without having to change positions. The monitor is well protected by its aluminum frame that acts as a shade ensuring good visibility for the shooter. Thick non-glare glass adds additional protection to the display. These units come with a flexible carrying handle with adjustable stand.
The Signal Distribution Unit (SDU) is the communication link between the targets and monitors. It converts data from the hit sensors and gives precise readouts of hit locations on the monitor. An optional printer connection allows target and hit printouts to be made using the SDU.
For more information, please contact us, visit our Electronic Scoring page, or visit Kongsberg Mikroelektronikk’s website.